- +91- 7341101891
- Mon - Sat: 10:00 - 20:00
Dr Amit is regularly hosted by several institutions and forums to teach and practise Bariatric and Laparoscopic surgeries across Asia. He was involved in teaching undergraduates & post graduates in surgery at Sri Ramchandra University (SRU) and Medical Center, Chennai & AIMS (Kochi). Dr Amit has been demonstrating live surgeries at key international forums across Asia. Dr Amit holds prestigious positions in numerous policy think tanks and clinical organizations globally.
Dr Amit is one of few surgeons across Asia who has mastered Bariatric Endoscopy procedure and has been training others in Laparoscopic Hernia along with Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS) and Thoracoscopy.
Dr Amit has also been an invited faculty in various workshops and forums across Asia. He has also been invited to talk and present on various medical papers in different parts of the world.
1. Invited faculty at SELSICON 2012 at PGI Chandigarh
2. Faculty at NKP Salve Medical College for bariatric workshop 2013, Nagpur
3. Faculty at “Bariatric training workshop” at the Department of Minimal Access and Bariatric Surgery 20TH and 21TH May, 2013 (Johnson & Johnson), Mumbai
4. Invited Faculty in Malaysian Upper GI Surgical Society Scientific Meeting, 13-14 June 2014, Malaysia .
5. S2S Visitation program: Bariatric Surgery, May2015 ( Boston University School Of Medicine )
6. Invited Faculty in the 46th The World Congress of Surgery: Pre-Congress Bariatric Surgery Workshop 2015, on 20-21st, August 2015 at King Chulalongkorn Memorial soft cadaveric surgical training Centre, Bangkok.
7. Faculty at Surgeon to Surge on Observer ship program on Bariatric Procedures , September 18-19, 2015, CODS, Saifee Hospital, Mumbai
8. Invited Faculty at OSSICON 2016 Chandigarh( SLEEVE GASTRECTOMY TRAINING WORKSHOP).
9. Invited faculty in INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE FORUM ( WORK SHOP – West Zone ) , ABC of Bariatrics at PuneApril 23-24th 2016 .
10. Proctor for training Endoscopy to Surgeons at IFSCO APC, 2017, Goa
He also has many publications to his name
1. Management of gastro-colic ﬁstula after laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy – Asian Journal of Endoscopic Surgery (Asian J Endosc Surg ISSN 1758-5902)
2. Predictors of Remission of T2DM and Metabolic Effects after Laparoscopic Roux-en-y Gastric Bypass in Obese Indian Diabetics—a 5-Year Study (OBES SURG DOI 10.1007/s11695014-1501-Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014)
3. Laparoscopic revision of Roux-en-Y gastric bypass to sleeve gastrectomy: A ray of hope for failed Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (Asian Journal of Endoscopic Surgery: DEC 2015)
4. Co Author in book SLEEVE GASTRECTOMY (KARL STORZ)
Dr Amit has been Proctoring with Stryker for Bariatric and Hernia training across the country.
Dr Amit Sood has been organising ACMOMS (Asian Consensus Meeting on Metabolic Surgery) and many congresses on numerous occasions.
We provide you with unique solutions to loose those extra inches which include diet and exercise, gastric balloon and bariatric surgery, you can opt for any.
Laparoscopy is an operation performed in the abdomen or pelvis through small incisions (usually 0.5–1.5 cm) with the aid of a camera. It can either be used to inspect
To offer our patients truly global healthcare at Ckosmic, we are constantly innovating and researching the latest techniques from around the world.